Friday, April 28, 2006

Advertising Your Website Offline

The media is a powerful thing -- the average person spends an enormous amount of their life consuming it in one form or another, and will spend a significant percentage of that time looking at, listening to or watching advertisements. If you want to use the power of the media, though, you need to know what you're doing otherwise your investment will be a financial disaster. Listed below are the most common forms of media advertising. No doubt you can think of others as well.
Advertising in Newspapers and Magazines:There are two kinds of advertising you can get in newspapers and magazines: classified and display. Classifieds are the small ads towards the back of the publication, while display ads can be almost any size, from a small corner of a page to a massive double-page spread.
I like putting classified ads in local papers with just a website address such as: Used Heavy Equipment at floridaearthmovers.com, Semis, Boats, Motorcycles. It is a very cheap way to advertise and gets enough hits to justify using it from time to time.
Look at your local penneysaver or hometown paper and see if a little local ad can't add some hits to your website.
More about these other forms of advertising tommorrow:
Radio, Television, Billboards, Movies, the list goes on.
Thanks for visiting my website advertising blog -Ann Menke

1 comment:

David said...

Hey I was wondering if you could check out my blog and see if it has the potential to make money. I just started it. I want to put a lot of ads on my site so I can get paid but im not really sure how to and to I have to qualify to get lots of ads? Check out my site at davidpeckworld.blogspot.com
Its meant to be really sarcastic so don't take it seriously.