Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Save Gas by Finding Ways to Work From Home

I am the envy of my many friends and relatives that must commute to work every day and with gas prices going up I can gloat even more. I have told them for years to find ways for their employers to let them work from home. Many of them work on computers too but for some reason their jobs are slow to turn to telecommuting. It's been around for ages but it's taken me years just to get my own customers used to doing email rather than calling me. If they want to see me in person they can learn to use instant messenger and see me on my webcam. After a few times of that entertainment they get used to just chatting with it. Most work that is done in an office can be done from home-if people would just put the effort forth to make it happen. You can have paper files Fedexed to you to work on if they can't be emailed to you or disks mailed to you. I get Fedex packages all the time with work from my customers-mostly because they don't know how to email a file they already have on their computer. With the bird flu approaching more and more companies are going to seriously think about ways their employees can work from home. Now is the time to find ways for more people to do their work from home - not when they are too sick to come in or helping a loved one that is. I just heard on the news that some companies are preparing for this eventuality-so now is the time to mention telecommuting to the boss-he doesn't have to know it's because you just want to save on gas.
If you want to know more about "How to Improve your Website Performance" or just need a new website then contact me at info@a1aweb.com.
Thanks for visiting my Internet Advertising Blog - Ann Menke

No comments: